Thursday, June 13, 2013

Punched Pansy Birthday Card

Hello! This afternoon I was checking on The Paper Players weekly challenge and realized there was only a day left to participate. It's a color challenge to use: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron and Early Espresso. So, I decided to make this Punched Pansy Birthday Card for my friend who lives in Texas. Her birthday is exactly one month after mine, and yes....I'm older. Hmmm.... I don't think we want to talk about age so let's get back to the card. I was inspired by Amy O'Neill's card to use the new Flower Shop* stamp set and Pansy Punch* by Stampin' Up!. For the center of the flowers I used the heat and stick powder on Early Espresso card stock and topped it with Iridescent Ice powder. Then I punched the embossed card stock with the Itty Bitty Shapes punch and adhered to the center of the flowers. I really like how it looks and it's a nice alternative to a rhinestones or pearls. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Sassy Salutations stamp set and the edge of the card was created with the Adorning Accents Edgelits.  Thanks for stopping by!

My Punched Pansy Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:
*Buy the Flower Shop stamp set and coordinating Pansy Punch in a bundle in either wood or clear mount and save 15%.

7 comments:

  1. Andrea, you and Amy are really enabling me on this set! I love how you used it on this card. the placement of the flowers ensures the eye moves all the way around the card. Love it.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this set and punch last night and your card is inspiring me to get busy! Love how your custom glitter brads--genius! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card Andrea !! I found it on Pinterest - my first time to your blog !! I am your newest follower - come visit me on my blog as well !! Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received this stamp set and punch too but haven't inked mine up yet, Andrea. Love how you've used the new products in the challenge colors, they look great against a crisp white background. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty CAS card Andrea..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS birthday card....thanks for playing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous CAS card Andrea. Love the flowers and the little butterfly.
    thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊